KA1 – Adult education
The incubator of creative emergence
“The incubator of creative emergence” is a project fitting the priorities of the New European Agenda for Culture to use the whole potential of the cultural sector as a driving force for social equity and active citizenship by the creation of supportive environments for innovation, based on creativity and adapted to the skills of the audience. Its aim is to qualify the staff of adult education leaning on structured courses and job shadowing with 2 skillful partners, Swedish and German, whose skills and expertise will allow the implementation of adequate learning programs as answers to the needs listed by the French coordinator Samba Résille in its PED (plan for European Development).
The program of learning mobilities co-built with each partner takes into consideration the needs of the participants and organizes the hosting, the study of new tools (process of good practices), which objective is to increase the skills, the know-how and the social skills to:
• build a cultural season associating the audience;
• accompany artists to participate in artistic residencies and disseminate their work, whether they are professional or not, local or international;
• accompany careers in artistic emergence.
Thus, this project aims at organizing 100 individual mobilities dispatched in qualifying thematic modules and professional role-playing leaning on non-formal training, to increase the skills of the participants to:
• create cultural activities promoting active participation and increasing the well-being of the learners and the staff;
• encourage the mobility of artistic works and emerging artists, and reinforce the participation of all, especially the most vulnerable (the refugees), in the creative activities;
• promote art as a shared and universal patrimonial resource to raise awareness among the citizens on cultural diversity as a common value which reinforce the feeling of European identity;
• create favorable ecosystems for volunteers’ implication, and for emerging artists, especially for artists facing economic difficulties or handicap, to promote the access to financing, the potential of innovation, the fair remuneration of the creators and the trans sectorial cooperation.
This project fits completely the promotion of music and arts in teaching and training, priority issue for Erasmus + in 2019, and wishes to receive the acquired knowledge in order for Samba Résille to be ready in 2020 to open its CICCE (Center for Cultural and Civic European Initiatives), which will offer a range of entrepreneurial, digital, traditional, transversal and specialized skills for artistic emergence and will duplicate the most performant measures implemented for the emerging cultural sector.
The Piranha Arts (PA) tree has six dynamic branches. As a music publisher with its own label, Piranha Arts have been carrying new sounds and artists from all countries via Kreuzberg, Berlin to the entire world ever since. In Berlin, Piranha Arts initiated trailblazing festivals such as HeimatKlänge, Bands United, Fête de la Musique, C3 – Club Contemporary Classical and The Nights of Ramadan. With changing locations and partners, Piranha Arts organise the leading branch events WOMEX – the World Music Expo and Classical:NEXT. PA entertain international partnerships and – with Piranha Arts Consultancy – work with professional conferences and network initiatives on four continents. Whether it is with events or the global sounds of Piranha Records – PA campaign for cultural diversity in Berlin and everywhere around the globe. Music means the world to us! This is why PA engaged with Berlin’s street festival and parade Karneval der Kulturen right from the start: as musicians, in the jury, with record releases and with the after-parade party “Long Night of Soundsystems”… Since its 2016 edition, Piranha Arts has been the producer of the million-strong Karneval der Kulturen.
Piranha Arts stays in flux and is always open for more. PA stay active at the borders: between music and tech, by research & development, between music and audiovisual, with international film projects and programs.
From 26th of May to 1 of June 2020
Following the governmental measures regarding the covid-19, the mobility in Berlin is postponed.
This mobility in Berlin opens the project “Incubator of creative emergences”, with our partner Piranha arts. Piranha is an independent label, with a double expertise in developing careers outside the Major’s networks (multinational enterprises specialized in producing and circulating music), deploying an economic model rooted in the social and solidarity economy, and developing important activities around celebration of cultural diversity through the organization of the Carnival of Cultures in Berlin, unfortunately canceled this year because of the covid-19.
The cluster implemented by Piranha to accompany the emerging artists through its independent label seems performant in its capacity to develop careers, being already present in the important places for music, like London or New York. The role played by Piranha during the Womex, international music market, allows the team to be trailblazers for the international network.
Co-built with Piranha arts, this program of activities is divided in 3 parts:
– Music programming: discussions and visits with Piranha and its partners on their actions as venues and their support for artistic and cultural projects. It will be the occasion for the participants to build their capacities on the horizon of the reopening of Samba Résille’s place;
– Recycling and costume creation with waste materiel. German experts will share their skills during several masterclasses;
– Batucada: a meeting will happen in Berlin with our new partner, Bloco Explosao (http://blocoexplosao.de/). Several convivial masterclasses and performances will take place with its members, on the theme of Salvador de Bahia rhythms.