KA1 – Adult education
“The cooperative developers of Samba Résille”
« The cooperative developers of Samba Résille » fits the priorities of the « New European Agenda for Culture” to make the most of the cultural potential as the driving force for social equity and active citizenship by the creation of supporting environments for innovation, based on creativity and adapted to the capacities of the audiences.
The Porto mobility is part of the KA1 project “Cooperative developers of Samba Résille”, which aims to improve the capacities of Samba Résille members to :
- cooperate and communicate with each other in all interaction spaces: governance spaces, pedagogical spaces, project spaces
- operate fluidly across a wide range of environments, internal and external, local and international
The acquisition of communication and intercultural techniques should allow the emergence of new leaders/cultural crossers within the association, and build a consensus around the values of Samba Résille, those of a diversity in action and lived from the local to the international scene.
Mobilising the expertise of our partner Tartaruga Distinta, the stay in Porto will be more specifically focused on
- Musical and pedagogical cooperation techniques linked to the “playing together” specific to the roda de samba device
- Digital cooperation of the teams around tools allowing to enhance the multiple dimensions of the Samba Resille project: multimedia pedagogical tools such as Padlet, Genially; podcasts; social networks and community managing
- Intercultural skills linked to the Portuguese and Brazilian environments: linguistic skills, knowledge of historical, social and cultural environments
- Managerial cooperation by developing the project in the medium and long term with our partner Tartaruga Distinta, an organisation with a different size and governance from Samba Résille.
Samba Sem Fronteiras (Portugal) is a professional samba group created in 2012 by four Brazilians and a Portuguese resident in Porto. Since 2015, the cultural association Tartaruga Distinta represents it legally and structures its objectives, which are to spread Brazilian culture through music, especially samba and its variants, with concerts, workshops and cultural events. The organisation has also given birth to a samba roda, also called Samba Sem Fronteiras, to unite Brazilians living in Porto and all Portuguese samba lovers.
The activities of the group are multiple and cover :
-Musical creation and production: 2018 was the year of preparation and launch of the group’s first original album, already in preparation for a second job.
Dissemination: in recent years, the group has criss-crossed the country from north to south with live performances, festivals, municipal celebrations, private and corporate events.
-Local and international training, such as those conducted with Samba Résille in 2019 and 2020
From 19th to 25th of February 2022
From 19 to 25 February, Samba Résille’s pagoda players were able to experience a new format of educational mobility included in the association’s Brazilian singing and percussion curriculum. A mobility of deepening, with targeted learning perfectly orchestrated by our partner Samba Sem Fronteiras.
Musical, intercultural and digital cooperation were on the menu of these five days of activity, without forgetting the sweetness of life on the banks of the Douro, sipping an old port!